Apply to be the Sales & Store Manager at Crystal Cabin Gallery
on Haida Gwaii
This is your chance to get out of the city and experience a simpler way of life, nature, and wellness in one of the most beautiful places in Canada – the islands of Haida Gwaii.
If you’re positive and energetic, have a flair for sales, can connect easily with people from all walks of life, and are proactive and motivated, we might have the perfect position for you. We are hiring for a Sales & Store Manager at an established art gallery and jewelry store, Crystal Cabin Gallery, located in the coastal community of Tlell, Haida Gwaii.
Spend the summer meeting guests from around the world, handling some of the most beautiful art and jewelry by Haida and northwest coast artists, making amazing sales and contributing to a socially-minded small business.
The term of this contract is from May 18th to September 30th, 2023 for 40 hours/5 days a week during Haida Gwaii’s busy summer tourist season. Must be available to work Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, as these are the busiest sales days. After the season is complete, there is an opportunity to continue to work in an online/digital sales capacity in our online business.
Pay rate: $25/hour plus end of season completion bonus of $1 for each hour worked when you complete the summer contract. We offer a Health Spending Account and accommodation on Haida Gwaii.
- 2+ years sales experience in jewelry, art, luxury goods or a similar role
- Motivated and driven, with proven sales success
- Ability to think quickly on your feet, handle a busy sales environment, and prioritize sales when there are competing demands
- Very good memory and talent for storytelling
- Able to engage anyone in conversation, positive attitude, friendly demeanor, excellent customer service in person or by phone/email
- Responsible, professional, punctual, and reliable personality
- Can-do attitude, self-starter, and can troubleshoot independently, but also works well in a team
- Quick learner who can adapt to changing business needs and face new challenges head on
- Strong organization and follow-up skills
- Interest and knowledge in Haida and northwest coast artwork with a passion to support and elevate the work of women and emerging artists
- Tech savvy and comfortable with learning new software, technologies, and devices
- Class 5 drivers license
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Consistently achieve or exceed monthly and seasonal individual and store sales goals
- Memorization of key information about each piece, artist, and our brand story
- Responsible for gallery cleanliness, organization, merchandising, and gallery grounds
- Pricing and managing stock levels and supplies and placing orders in a timely manner
- Capture meaningful customer data for the purpose of connecting with the client, building relationships, and personalizing future client communications and needs
- Providing appropriate follow-up on all sales or client requests
- Attention to detail, including taking upmost care in storing, cleaning and displaying art pieces and the jewelry collection
- Fulfilling and packaging online orders through website and handling returns
- Responding to inquiries on social media and email and ability to conduct sales through written medium and phone calls
- Able to post business content on Instagram and Facebook, take photos and videos of products as needed, use Canva for basic graphic design projects, write and research blogs, newsletters, and product listings
- Research products and services for the business as needed
- Maintain security standards within the store to ensure safety of merchandise
- Driving to drop off packages to nearby post-office and checking for mail
- Being listed as an emergency contact for the store
About Crystal Cabin Gallery
We are a local art gallery and jewelry store in Tlell, Haida Gwaii. We specialize in highlighting artwork and jewelry by Haida and northwest coast women artists. We also sell high quality crystals & minerals. In 2021 we started the Artists Tool Fund to purchase much needed tools for local artists. Owned and operated locally since 1984, now run by the second generation. We are woman owned and operated. Learn more at crystalcabingallery.com.
To apply, please send your resume, two most recent employee references and cover letter sharing why you'd be a good addition to our team to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.