Join us this July, every Sunny Saturday at 11:11am for Yoga with Rose outside in the Tlell Stone Circle!
In this weekly hour-long class, Moksha Yoga Instructor Rose Cortez will lead participants in a Yin Yoga Inspired class that will Ground your Mind; Move your Body; and Heal your Soul with Haida Gwaii's Ancient Stones.
- Date: 11:11AM - 12:12PM every Sunny Saturday until July 22, 2017
- Location: Crystal Cabin, 778A Richardson Road, Tlell, BC, V0T 1Y0, 1-250-557-4383
- Price: $15 (a donation will be made to local youth)
- Materials: Wear comfy and warm clothing. Layers are encouraged. Some yoga mats will be provided - bring your own if possible.
- Weather dependant: In the case of poor weather the class will be postponed to the following Saturday.
Meet Rose Cortez
Hi my name is Rose and as I journey for the 3rd time in Haida Gwaii, I would love to share one of my passions with you! Yoga has been a very helpful tool for my self-care, balance and listening to my mind and body. I would love to share this path with you this summer at the Tlell Stone Circle.
What's The Tlell Stone Circle? And Why We Built It?
The Tlell Stone Circle was built in 2002 by founder Dutes Dutheil, with specimens he collected over 10 years from all corners of Haida Gwaii. Dutes, a local lapidary artist and mineral collector, built the stone circle to showcase the geology of Haida Gwaii and share his knowledge and love for stones. The Tlell Stone Circle represents just a small portion of Dutes’ vast private collection, but boasts some of the most impressive specimens.
The Stone Circle consists of eight individual specimens, each supported by a concrete pillar made with East Beach Sand, and organically shaped steel encasings. The Tlell Stone Circle is arranged in a perfect geometric circle, reflective of a traditional medicine wheel. The medicine wheel traditionally embodies the four directions, and the four dimensions of health and wellness.